Rower begins journey for cancer awareness
June 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It's beautiful weather for a boat ride and one launched from the Chicago Yacht Club this morning is expected to take two months.
Jenn Gibbons began what she hopes is a 1,500 mile journey.
She's rowing along the perimeter of Lake Michigan to raise awareness about the vital role exercise plays in the fight against breast cancer.
Gibbons founded ROW, which is a rowing team for survivors of the disease.
She plans to row ten hours a day stopping only to sleep and share the mission of her organization.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 2 min ago
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school 8 min ago
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Fatally shot alleged robber suspected in Harvey cop shooting
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Chicago airports rank poorly for on-time departures 10 min ago
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case