Rower begins journey for cancer awareness
June 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It's beautiful weather for a boat ride and one launched from the Chicago Yacht Club this morning is expected to take two months.
Jenn Gibbons began what she hopes is a 1,500 mile journey.
She's rowing along the perimeter of Lake Michigan to raise awareness about the vital role exercise plays in the fight against breast cancer.
Gibbons founded ROW, which is a rowing team for survivors of the disease.
She plans to row ten hours a day stopping only to sleep and share the mission of her organization.
- 'Sexting' ends Evanston HS baseball season early 6 min ago
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot 3 min ago
- Boy Scouts to lift ban on openly gay scouts 2 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos