Rower begins journey for cancer awareness
June 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It's beautiful weather for a boat ride and one launched from the Chicago Yacht Club this morning is expected to take two months.
Jenn Gibbons began what she hopes is a 1,500 mile journey.
She's rowing along the perimeter of Lake Michigan to raise awareness about the vital role exercise plays in the fight against breast cancer.
Gibbons founded ROW, which is a rowing team for survivors of the disease.
She plans to row ten hours a day stopping only to sleep and share the mission of her organization.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- KevinTrudeau to be sentenced in federal court 58 min ago
- Toddler reported missing on South Side 45 min ago
- Person hit by train in Grayslake, Metra affected
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- 2 found dead in Michigan City shooting
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays 54 min ago
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues
- 7 in :77