Boy, 4, drowns at Glenview pool
June 16, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A north suburban pool remains closed this evening following the death of a 4-year-old boy.
A lifeguard pulled Vincente Cardenas from the Glenview Park District's Roosevelt Pool in the 2200 block of Fir Street Friday afternoon.
The child was taken to Glenbrook Hospital where he died.
Vincente was just five days away from his fifth birthday.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer