Rush event focuses on fatherless children, violence
June 16, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A pre-Father's Day conference tried to find practical ways of reducing the number of children in Chicago who grow up without their fathers.
Congressman Bobby Rush hosted the event, which drew connections between street violence and fatherless children.
The conference, titled Reconnecting Fathers, Reconnecting Families, featured panel and group discussions and workshops.
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Woman killed, 4 critically injured in Far South Side crash
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Toddler found alone on West Side reunited with parents
- Daily Herald: Gender Pay Gap
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos