La Grange man drowns in Wisconsin triathlon
June 17, 2012 (SHERWOOD, Wis.) (WLS) -- An investigation is under way into the death of a suburban man who drowned during a triathlon in Wisconsin.
Forty-two-year-old Doug Witmer was competing on Lake Winnebago in the High Cliff Triathlon in Sherwood, Wisconsin.
The triathlon was sponsored by the Midwest Sports Events of De Pere, Wisconsin.
Witmer lived in La Grange with his wife and two young children.
A family friend describes his as a very involved parent who had many friends.
Funeral plans have not yet been released.
As of Sunday afternoon, the death was still under investigation.
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 23 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 17 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 19 min ago
- Ukraine: Warning shots fired, foreign military barred 20 min ago
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- Cooking With Fish
41 min ago