La Grange man drowns in Wisconsin triathlon
June 17, 2012 (SHERWOOD, Wis.) (WLS) -- An investigation is under way into the death of a suburban man who drowned during a triathlon in Wisconsin.
Forty-two-year-old Doug Witmer was competing on Lake Winnebago in the High Cliff Triathlon in Sherwood, Wisconsin.
The triathlon was sponsored by the Midwest Sports Events of De Pere, Wisconsin.
Witmer lived in La Grange with his wife and two young children.
A family friend describes his as a very involved parent who had many friends.
Funeral plans have not yet been released.
As of Sunday afternoon, the death was still under investigation.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs 14 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 24 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 8 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen 58 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
8 min ago
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
14 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes...
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos