La Grange man drowns in Wisconsin triathlon
June 17, 2012 (SHERWOOD, Wis.) (WLS) -- An investigation is under way into the death of a suburban man who drowned during a triathlon in Wisconsin.
Forty-two-year-old Doug Witmer was competing on Lake Winnebago in the High Cliff Triathlon in Sherwood, Wisconsin.
The triathlon was sponsored by the Midwest Sports Events of De Pere, Wisconsin.
Witmer lived in La Grange with his wife and two young children.
A family friend describes his as a very involved parent who had many friends.
Funeral plans have not yet been released.
As of Sunday afternoon, the death was still under investigation.
- Suspects break into Trump, parachute off building 2 min ago
- Boy, 13, seriously injured in Aurora hit-and-run 43 min ago
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 39 min ago
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in OT, tie series 44 min ago
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
39 min ago
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in OT, tie series
44 min ago