Obamas wrapping up Chicago visit
June 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- President Barrack Obama has ended his hometown visit after spending part of his Father's Day on a Chicago golf course.
He and the first family left Sunday night after spending the weekend at their home in the city's Kenwood neighborhood.
The president headed to Mexico for a meeting of 20 world leaders that starts Monday.
The president's motorcade left the Beverly Country Club after he spent the better part of Sunday golfing with three friends.
The president posed for pictures and signed autographs before getting into his car.
The president, the first lady and their daughters spent the weekend in Chicago. On Saturday, they attended the wedding of presidential advisor Valerie Jarrett's daughter.
This was the first time the Obamas have been here as a family in two years. On Sunday morning, the first lady and the girls flew to Oregon for a commencement address.
Obama is scheduled to head to Los Cabos, Mexico, for the G-20 summit, where talks are expected to center around the European financial situation.
local, michelle gallardo
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting 13 min ago
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student 23 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 33 min ago
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Andersonville's Hopleaf expands gastropub menu
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
33 min ago
- Second video allegedly shows guard push...
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos