Sunglasses record in sights at Wrigley 'Blues Brothers' film
June 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Groupon has announced ''The Blues Brothers'' movie night at Wrigley Field and is encouraging guests to help in an attempt to set a second Guinness World Record.
The movie is scheduled for July 6, with tickets available now. Moviegoers also will help Groupon attempt to set a Guinness World Record for "Most People Wearing Sunglasses in the Dark" with their own pair of souvenir sunglasses received upon arrival for free.
Tickets are on sale on Groupon's website from $20-100.
"We're on a mission to have a great time," said Sean Smyth, VP of business development, Groupon.
Doors open at 7 p.m. and the movie starts at 8:30 p.m.
There will be food and beer at prices discounted from gameday rates.
Last summer, Groupon hosted and sold out the first Movie Night at Wrigley Field, with nearly 10,000 enjoying "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." That evening, Groupon and guests successfully broke a record for the largest number of people singing "in a round" to the song "Danke Schoen."
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos