Sunglasses record in sights at Wrigley 'Blues Brothers' film
June 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Groupon has announced ''The Blues Brothers'' movie night at Wrigley Field and is encouraging guests to help in an attempt to set a second Guinness World Record.
The movie is scheduled for July 6, with tickets available now. Moviegoers also will help Groupon attempt to set a Guinness World Record for "Most People Wearing Sunglasses in the Dark" with their own pair of souvenir sunglasses received upon arrival for free.
Tickets are on sale on Groupon's website from $20-100.
"We're on a mission to have a great time," said Sean Smyth, VP of business development, Groupon.
Doors open at 7 p.m. and the movie starts at 8:30 p.m.
There will be food and beer at prices discounted from gameday rates.
Last summer, Groupon hosted and sold out the first Movie Night at Wrigley Field, with nearly 10,000 enjoying "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." That evening, Groupon and guests successfully broke a record for the largest number of people singing "in a round" to the song "Danke Schoen."
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting 46 min ago
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number 26 min ago
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
- 7 in :77
8 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
46 min ago