Sunglasses record in sights at Wrigley 'Blues Brothers' film
June 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Groupon has announced ''The Blues Brothers'' movie night at Wrigley Field and is encouraging guests to help in an attempt to set a second Guinness World Record.
The movie is scheduled for July 6, with tickets available now. Moviegoers also will help Groupon attempt to set a Guinness World Record for "Most People Wearing Sunglasses in the Dark" with their own pair of souvenir sunglasses received upon arrival for free.
Tickets are on sale on Groupon's website from $20-100.
"We're on a mission to have a great time," said Sean Smyth, VP of business development, Groupon.
Doors open at 7 p.m. and the movie starts at 8:30 p.m.
There will be food and beer at prices discounted from gameday rates.
Last summer, Groupon hosted and sold out the first Movie Night at Wrigley Field, with nearly 10,000 enjoying "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." That evening, Groupon and guests successfully broke a record for the largest number of people singing "in a round" to the song "Danke Schoen."
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 3 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 55 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Dominick's offers more discounts as stores close 1 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged 34 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos