Taste of Chicago 2012 Music, Restaurant Guide
July 11, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Taste of Chicago 2012 Guide: What to eat and whom to watch at the Taste of Chicago, which runs July 11 to 15 in Chicago's Grant Park.
The Taste of Chicago, the world's largest food festival, draws millions of visitors to Chicago's lakefront every year.
Chicago's own Jennifer Hudson headlines the five-day food fest on Wednesday July 11. She'll take the main stage at the Petrillo Music Shell, followed by Death Cab for Cutie (July 12); Michael Franti & Spearhead (July 13); Chaka Khan (July 14); and Dierks Bentley (July 15). Click here for a full list of Taste of Chicago 2012 music acts, including the opening acts at Petrillo Music Shell and Bud Light Stage.
New this year, Taste goers can purchase a seat at the Petrillo Music Shell for $25. Tickets are sold in advance: explorechicago.org. Lawn seats are still free.
Also new this year, the Taste of Chicago is adding 15 Pop-Up Restaurants that will serve food for only one day each. Those restaurants include: Beat Kitchen, Jin Ju, Marie's Pizza, Inspiration Kitchen, Riva, Tre Kronor, Cafe Trinidad, Garifuna Flava Caribbean Restaurant, LM Restaurant, Arun's Thai Restaurant, Austrian Bakery, The Nile Restaurant, Caffe Gelato, Karyn's on Green and West Town Tavern. To find out what day these Pop-Up Restaraunts are serving, click here.
The old favorites such as Eli's Cheesecake and Harold's Chicken will continue their Taste of Chicago traditions.
Food and Beverage tickets are sold in strips of 12 tickets for $8, but can be purchased at the discounted price of $7 at Dominick's grocery stores from July 5-10 for those with "Fresh Values Cards" from the grocer.
Smaller "Taste of Portions" at the event will cost foodies between one and five tickets.
The City of Chicago recommends people take public transit.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 18 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 1 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago 9 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be 'breakthrough year' for US 53 min ago
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores 43 min ago
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing 43 min ago
- Horse escapes, gallops down Old Town streets
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears 17 min ago
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago 30 min ago
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
1 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos