No giant turkey legs at this year's Taste of Chicago
June 20, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It looks like the end of a culinary era of sorts at this year's Taste of Chicago.
The famous giant turkey drumsticks that have become standard fare for so many Taste of Chicago attendees will not be available at this year's fest.
Tim McGovern, who brought the oversized, sauce-drenched creation to the Taste way back in 1981, says he and his drumstick will sit out this year's Taste due to health issues.
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Shootings leave 2 dead, several injured
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Protesters to march against CPS closings
- Man charged with making video in hospital bathroom
- Teens accused of assault, posting on Facebook
- Event to raise awareness about missing persons
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
- Astronaut Lovell to dedicate Chicago memorial garden
- IRS probe ignored most influential groups
- Rose, Davies among honorees at Silver Circle Awards
- Maria's final class graduating
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos