Baby, toddler involved in fiery Dan Ryan crash
June 23, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Four people, including a baby and a toddler, barely escape their burning vehicle after a crash on the Dan Ryan Expressway Saturday.
At approximately 2:45 a.m., Illinois State Police say a Buick encountered a flat tire in the northbound left lane near 87th Street. As the driver reportedly was making his way to the right shoulder, another vehicle struck the Buick in the rear.
"The passengers include a 4-month-old infant and a 2-year-old child.
"The impact on that vehicle crushed the entire trunk into the back seat where the children were sitting. The gas tank erupted shortly after that. The family got out of the vehicle," said Richard Decker of Illinois State Police.
Authorities are the fact that all injuries were minor a miracle.
The crash, however, remains under investigation.
- Dominick's offers more discounts as stores close 5 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 37 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged 16 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos