Midway Airport holds emergency response drill
June 23, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A full-scale emergency response exercise took place at Midway Airport Saturday morning.
The required drill tests the response procedures of local, county and state agencies.
In Saturday's scenario, crews responded to a plane that catches fire right before takeoff.
Eighty volunteers from the Great Lakes Naval Station posed as airline passengers.
The Chicago Fire Department is a primary responder in these types of emergencies.
They say part of their responsibility is to be in a state of readiness at all times.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting 17 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 33 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- 7 in :77