Police shoot, kill Riverdale man in dispute with neighbor
June 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A dispute between neighbors in south suburban Riverdale ended with police shooting a man fatally.
Police say they got a call about a disturbance between neighbors at approximately 9 p.m. Saturday. According to police, an officer saw an armed individual shooting at another person and ordered the suspect to drop the gun. When he refused, police say the officer --fearing for his life -- shot the suspect.
The man died Sunday at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn.
Police say that shooting is under investigation.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 27 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 54 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77