Police shoot, kill Riverdale man in dispute with neighbor
June 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A dispute between neighbors in south suburban Riverdale ended with police shooting a man fatally.
Police say they got a call about a disturbance between neighbors at approximately 9 p.m. Saturday. According to police, an officer saw an armed individual shooting at another person and ordered the suspect to drop the gun. When he refused, police say the officer --fearing for his life -- shot the suspect.
The man died Sunday at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn.
Police say that shooting is under investigation.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 2 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Obama: 2014 can be 'breakthrough year' for US
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing
- Horse escapes, gallops down Old Town streets
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos