Police shoot, kill Riverdale man in dispute with neighbor
June 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A dispute between neighbors in south suburban Riverdale ended with police shooting a man fatally.
Police say they got a call about a disturbance between neighbors at approximately 9 p.m. Saturday. According to police, an officer saw an armed individual shooting at another person and ordered the suspect to drop the gun. When he refused, police say the officer --fearing for his life -- shot the suspect.
The man died Sunday at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn.
Police say that shooting is under investigation.
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos