Police shoot, kill Riverdale man in dispute with neighbor
June 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A dispute between neighbors in south suburban Riverdale ended with police shooting a man fatally.
Police say they got a call about a disturbance between neighbors at approximately 9 p.m. Saturday. According to police, an officer saw an armed individual shooting at another person and ordered the suspect to drop the gun. When he refused, police say the officer --fearing for his life -- shot the suspect.
The man died Sunday at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn.
Police say that shooting is under investigation.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1 55 min ago
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released
- Barrington meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting' 20 min ago
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Portland shootout injures officer, kills police dog 32 min ago
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos