Skokie celebrates new Yellow Line station
June 24, 2012 (SKOKIE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Skokie held a public celebration for its new Yellow Line CTA station.
The terminal at Oakton and Skokie Boulevard has actually been open for several weeks.
But on Sunday, the village held an official dedication.
It's the first new station in the CTA system in 18 years.
The $20 million cost of the terminal was paid by federal transit funds and the village.
Some 9,000 people use the yellow line each week.
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos