Unauthorized McHenry County 'rave' pre-empted by police
June 25, 2012 (HARVARD, Ill.) (WLS) -- About 1,000 ticket holders had to find something else to do last weekend after McHenry County police canceled an unauthorized ''rave'' that was planned to take place on a wooded property in unincorporated Harvard.
Groovestock was scheduled to take place near the intersection of County Line and Flat Iron roads beginning Friday and running through Sunday. According to a police press release, a reported 1,000 tickets were sold for the event promoted by Bass Productions that was to feature 40 DJs on two stages and room for camping.
On Friday, "Members of the Sheriff's Office Criminal Investigations Division and Intelligence Led Policing Unit with the assistance of Harvard Police Department uncovered the location for this event and met with one of the promoters," the release stated.
Police notified the property owners, who told police, "They were under the impression that 20 family friends were going to be camping on the property over the weekend."
No permits had been issued. The property owners asked police to remove "all unauthorized people" from their land. The promoter and setup crew that had already begun to arrive ahead of the event on Friday left the property peacefully.
No arrests were made.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs 28 min ago
- Flight delays, cancellations at O'Hare, Midway due to weather 12 min ago
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 2 bodies found in trunk of car in West Englewood 37 min ago
- How much money will be saved by school closures? 35 min ago
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open 14 min ago
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security 27 min ago
- How much money will be saved by school...
35 min ago
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
28 min ago
- Kellie Pickler, Derek Hough win 'DWTS;'...
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos