Gas prices have small business impact
June 25, 2012 (WLS) -- Gas prices may have dropped in recent weeks but some say they've already taken a toll on small businesses.
Congressman Joe Walsh held a field hearing Monday to talk about the impact high gas prices have on small businesses.
Walsh and some small business owners are pushing for fewer restrictions and more drilling in the United States.
"We've got to ease some of these regulations," Walsh said. "We need to go after our own supply of oil and natural gas here so that we're always prepared when there are huge movements up and down when it comes to gas prices."
"We can only absorb so much of it, and then we have to pass it on, either go out of business or pass it on to the consumer," said James Zuber, owner of JC3 Trucking.
Walsh returns to Washington Tuesday.
He plans to share the results of this forum with his colleagues in congress.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- What electronics will be under your tree? 18 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 52 min ago
- EB 80/94 closed at Cline by multi-vehicle crash 1 min ago
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- Skokie fire lights up sky 49 min ago
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
52 min ago
- What electronics will be under your tree?
18 min ago