3 Chicago juveniles recovered in FBI child prostitution bust
June 25, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A nationwide FBI sweep targeting child prostitution recovered 79 children who were victims of sexual exploitation.
Three of the recovered juveniles who were engaging in illicit sexual activities were found in or around Chicago. Seventy-two adults were arrested on solicitation charges and 65 adults were arrested on a variety of related state charges.
The 3-day nationwide crackdown was a collaborative effort between local law enforcement, the FBI, the Department of Justice and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
- Winning Powerball numbers announced 15 min ago
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue 20 min ago
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- Farm-to-table cuisine in the southwest...
35 min ago