Some CPS schools cancel summer classes
June 28, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Public Schools CEO Jean-Claude Brizard has ordered summer school classes canceled at 12 schools that do not have air conditioning on Thursday.
A CPS news release says the decision was made based on the forecast of temperatures near 100 degrees during the day.
CLOSED SCHOOLS: Altgeld, Attucks, Bennett, Courtenay, Faraday, Gregory, Holden, Penn, Stevenson, Harold Washington, Pope Elementary and Jahn Elementary.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Glenview, Chicago cops accused of lying in court 23 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools 6 min ago
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass 45 min ago
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold 36 min ago
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos