Some CPS schools cancel summer classes
June 28, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Public Schools CEO Jean-Claude Brizard has ordered summer school classes canceled at 12 schools that do not have air conditioning on Thursday.
A CPS news release says the decision was made based on the forecast of temperatures near 100 degrees during the day.
CLOSED SCHOOLS: Altgeld, Attucks, Bennett, Courtenay, Faraday, Gregory, Holden, Penn, Stevenson, Harold Washington, Pope Elementary and Jahn Elementary.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking