Some CPS schools cancel summer classes
June 28, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Public Schools CEO Jean-Claude Brizard has ordered summer school classes canceled at 12 schools that do not have air conditioning on Thursday.
A CPS news release says the decision was made based on the forecast of temperatures near 100 degrees during the day.
CLOSED SCHOOLS: Altgeld, Attucks, Bennett, Courtenay, Faraday, Gregory, Holden, Penn, Stevenson, Harold Washington, Pope Elementary and Jahn Elementary.
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- 2nd video allegedly shows guard push CPS student 17 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Elgin teens building home for tornado victim 6 min ago
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House 23 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Dick Evey, former Bears' first-round pick, dies at 72
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- 2nd video allegedly shows guard push CPS...
17 min ago
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
23 min ago