FAA: Midway Airport closed due to electrical outage
June 28, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Federal Aviation Administration says Midway Airport is closed because of an unknown electrical outage.
The airfield lights are out and the airport is working with the FAA and the airlines to divert flights from Midway.
As of 10: 30 p.m., more than 50 flights had been affected.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap