Man charged with killing mother on South Side
Friday, June 29, 2012
June 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A South Side man charged with first-degree murder in the death of his mother is being held without bond.Earnest McGee admitted to police that he shot Aletha McGee earlier this week. He told the authorities his mother was driving him crazy when he shot her as she sat in a chair in the basement of her home.
Police conducting a well being check found Aletha McGee's body. She had been shot several times.
(Copyright ©2014 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign 31 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 20 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- 7 in 77