Man charged with killing mother on South Side
Friday, June 29, 2012
June 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A South Side man charged with first-degree murder in the death of his mother is being held without bond.Earnest McGee admitted to police that he shot Aletha McGee earlier this week. He told the authorities his mother was driving him crazy when he shot her as she sat in a chair in the basement of her home.
Police conducting a well being check found Aletha McGee's body. She had been shot several times.
(Copyright ©2013 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 2 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 41 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash 52 min ago
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive 56 min ago
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Astronauts sail through repair spacewalks aboard ISS
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos