Peoples Gas customers to get refunds
June 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Peoples Gas has been ordered to refund $2.3 million it charged customers to finance infrastructure upgrades in Chicago.
The Illinois Commerce Commission made the ruling.
Customers will see the refund on their bills starting in July and the credits will continue for nine months.
The average total of the refund will be $2.09 for each customer - about $0.23 per month for nine months.
Peoples Gas provides natural gas service to about 840,000 customers in Chicago.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field 26 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 3 min ago
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault 31 min ago
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Chicago teachers rally for education issues
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
3 min ago
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier...
26 min ago