Peoples Gas customers to get refunds
June 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Peoples Gas has been ordered to refund $2.3 million it charged customers to finance infrastructure upgrades in Chicago.
The Illinois Commerce Commission made the ruling.
Customers will see the refund on their bills starting in July and the credits will continue for nine months.
The average total of the refund will be $2.09 for each customer - about $0.23 per month for nine months.
Peoples Gas provides natural gas service to about 840,000 customers in Chicago.
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Kellie Pickler wins 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos