Chicago police recover $20K stash of fireworks
June 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police have recovered a large stash of illegal fireworks worth around $20,000.
Officers found the explosives in a home near the 900-block of W. 34th Place.
Police say they acted on a tip and discovered the fireworks in the basement.
Aaron Torres of Chicago was arrested and cited with possession of explosives.
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 3 dolphins pregnant at Brookfield Zoo
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Expanded World News tonight
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison 17 min ago
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24 22 min ago
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- 2 charged in Markham man's murder
- Wife douses husband with beer after Wrigley home run
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos