Man accused of beating up teenage lifeguard
June 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago man is accused of beating up a teenage lifeguard at a near West Side pool.
It happened at Fosco Park on S. Racine.
Police say Verdell Parker was part of a large group of people that became rowdy, and when lifeguards asked them to leave, the group attacked a lifeguard, breaking his nose.
Parker is charged with aggravated battery.
- CPS school closures begin
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals 12 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Officials recover body from Lake Michigan near Oakwood 55 min ago
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday 49 min ago
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos