Taste of Chicago traffic closures start Thursday
July 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Several streets in Grant Park will be closed to traffic starting Thursday due to the Taste of Chicago.
The Taste of Chicago 2012 begins on Wednesday July 11, but food vendors will begin setting up their booths for the event in the next few days. That means several streets will be closed near Grant Park, starting at 6 a.m. on Thursday:
The closures will remain in effect through July 16th.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year