4 suburbs put on joint fireworks display
July 4, 2012 (WLS) -- Four suburban communities got together to throw one big July Fourth celebration.
Officials in Elgin, Hanover Park, Hoffman Estates and Hanover Township say they've been hard hit by the economic downturn.
But instead of scaling back or even cancelling their celebrations they got together for The Northwest Fourth-Fest.
In the west suburbs, a revolutionary war re-enactment was part of the fun at Wheaton's Cantigny Park.
Families also had a chance to try their hand at playing 18th century games.
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade 55 min ago
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 30 min ago
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night 45 min ago
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
30 min ago
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day...
55 min ago
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area...
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos