Victims found in car ID'd in train derailment, bridge collapse
July 6, 2012 (NORTHBROOK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Family members have identified the bodies of two people found inside a crushed car after a train derailment and bridge collapse in Northbrook.
Burton and Zorine Lindner, ages 69 and 70, lived in Glenview just a block away from the derailment and collapse, which occurred on July 4 at Willow and Shermer Roads on the border of Glenview and Northbrook.
They were found inside a crushed vehicle 17 hours after the accident in the north suburbs.
The couple's son has filed a lawsuit against Union Pacific Railroad. The wrongful death lawsuit accuses the company of negligence. Download the Complaint
Crews are still trying to determine if there are any more vehicles in the wreckage.
local, theresa gutierrez
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday 1 min ago
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected...
1 min ago