Victims found in car ID'd in train derailment, bridge collapse
July 6, 2012 (NORTHBROOK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Family members have identified the bodies of two people found inside a crushed car after a train derailment and bridge collapse in Northbrook.
Burton and Zorine Lindner, ages 69 and 70, lived in Glenview just a block away from the derailment and collapse, which occurred on July 4 at Willow and Shermer Roads on the border of Glenview and Northbrook.
They were found inside a crushed vehicle 17 hours after the accident in the north suburbs.
The couple's son has filed a lawsuit against Union Pacific Railroad. The wrongful death lawsuit accuses the company of negligence. Download the Complaint
Crews are still trying to determine if there are any more vehicles in the wreckage.
local, theresa gutierrez
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side 10 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 6 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 55 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
6 min ago
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos