Victims found in car ID'd in train derailment, bridge collapse
July 6, 2012 (NORTHBROOK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Family members have identified the bodies of two people found inside a crushed car after a train derailment and bridge collapse in Northbrook.
Burton and Zorine Lindner, ages 69 and 70, lived in Glenview just a block away from the derailment and collapse, which occurred on July 4 at Willow and Shermer Roads on the border of Glenview and Northbrook.
They were found inside a crushed vehicle 17 hours after the accident in the north suburbs.
The couple's son has filed a lawsuit against Union Pacific Railroad. The wrongful death lawsuit accuses the company of negligence. Download the Complaint
Crews are still trying to determine if there are any more vehicles in the wreckage.
local, theresa gutierrez
- Winning Powerball numbers announced
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- Coast Guard reminding boaters of maritime safety
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos