More neighborhoods going on 'garbage grid'
July 6, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- More Chicago neighborhoods will join the 'garbage grid' system of trash pickup when the second phase of the citywide rollout begins Monday, July 30.
More than 72,000 Northwest Side households are joining the new grid system.
55,000 households on the north side are already on it.
The new system uses routes that follow main streets and natural boundaries instead of ward boundaries.
It is expected to save the city millions of dollars.
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student 9 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 19 min ago
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
19 min ago
- Second video allegedly shows guard push...
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos