Road buckles in Gurnee amid extreme heat
July 6, 2012 (GURNEE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Repairs are needed Friday night where triple-digit heat buckled another Chicago-area roadway.
The buckled stretch of pavement is along Grand Avenue in far north suburban Gurnee. Police closed the left lane.
The Illinois Department of Transportation says there were several other roadways around the state with similar problems Friday.
IDOT says there have been about 30 incidents of pavement failing due to heat in the past two weeks.
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1 5 min ago
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Shootings leave 2 dead, several injured
- Protesters to march against CPS closings
- Man charged with making video in hospital bathroom
- Teens accused of assault, posting on Facebook
- Event to raise awareness about missing persons
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
- Astronaut Lovell to dedicate Chicago memorial garden
- IRS probe ignored most influential groups
- Rose, Davies among honorees at Silver Circle Awards
- Maria's final class graduating
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos