Church offers support to family of hit-and-run victim
July 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A West Side church is offering its support to the family of a 5-year-old girl who was killed in a hit-and-run accident.
The Rev. Ira Acree held a special prayer during his Sunday morning service at Great Saint John Bible Church.
The church is also helping to raise money to lay Monet Robinson to rest.
Robinson was crossing the 1500-block of South Millard to play with friends when she was hit on Monday.
Chicago police released surveillance pictures of the car that hit her.
It is a four-door, dark green Pontiac Grand Am GT.
Anyone with information should call chicago police.
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Kellie Pickler wins 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area