Ind. boy, 15, missing in Lake Michigan
July 8, 2012 (PORTAGE, Ind.) (WLS) -- The U.S. Coast Guard is searching for a 15-year-old Portage boy who went missing in Lake Michigan.
It happened around 5:30 p.m. Sunday near the Portage lakefront and riverwalk site of the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore.
Authorities said the boy was swimming with a group of friends.
When one of them noticed he was missing, they swam 150 yards to shore and called 9-1-1.
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Food additive believed to be substance at Dunes beach 46 min ago
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat have no room for error
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 31 min ago
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools 29 min ago
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app 43 min ago
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases 43 min ago
- Might you be overpaying for smartphone data?
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- UofC biochem student missing 6 days
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
31 min ago
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund...
29 min ago
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos