Some Chicago cabbies strike for 2nd Monday
July 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- For a second Monday morning, some cab drivers have gone on strike.
The United Taxidrivers Community Council claims to represent at least 2,000 cabbies. They have called for an ongoing strike each Monday morning between 6-11 a.m.
The cabbies plan to continue striking each Monday morning until the city approves a fare increase and a "livable wage" for drivers. But not all cabbies take part in these strikes.
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting 39 min ago
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number 19 min ago
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
- 7 in :77
1 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
39 min ago