Robbins library's air conditioning unit stolen
July 11, 2012 (ROBBINS, Ill.) (WLS) -- The public library in south suburban Robbins is dealing with another setback.
First, it almost had to shut down because of money problems. Now, someone has stolen the library's $10,000 air conditioning unit.
Summer kids programs are held at the library, which also serves as a cooling center.
"William Leonard Library is the only library in the community, and we are the information highway for this community. Less than 20 percent of our homes are Internet-connected," said Priscilla Coatney, library director.
Federal and state grants and gifts from people have helped the library stay open as fewer tax dollars have come into Robbins recently.
NBA star and Robbins native Dwyane Wade gave $25,000.
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic 23 min ago
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student 36 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 43 min ago
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
43 min ago
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
23 min ago
- Second video allegedly shows guard push...
36 min ago