SUV found in Lake Michigan 80 yards off beach
July 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are trying to find the owner of an SUV that was found in the water off of 63rd Street Beach overnight.
No one was inside the vehicle, and divers and search teams didn't find anyone in the water either.
Police say the green Chevrolet SUV had been reported stolen.
Police responding to a call about 12:55 a.m. of a vehicle in Lake Michigan early Thursday found the SUV in about 4 feet of water at the Jackson Park Harbor.
The report said a vehicle had gone into Lake Michigan at 62nd Street and Lake Shore Drive, police News Affairs Officer Hector Alfaro said.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney 13 min ago
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend
- Woman injured in Chicago Skyway crash
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Morgue donates bodies without authorization
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- CTA bus crash in Chicago Lawn injures 2
- Pritzker's Commerce Secretary confirmation hearing begins
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial 31 min ago
- 24 sets of twins break record in Wilmette 5th grade
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos