Quinn signs Illiana Expy. bill allowing quick-take power
July 15, 2012 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- The first step in building a new expressway to link Interstate 55 in Will County with Interstate 65 in Northwest Indiana has gotten the go-ahead.
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn has signed legislation authorizing the Illinois Department of Transportation to use quick-take power to acquire the necessary land.
Three possible corridors are now being considered for the so-called Illiana Expressway.
One route goes from I-55 near Wilmington directly east to I-65 just north of Lowell.
Another proposal has the expressway ending south of Lowell.
The third proposed route would skirt the northern side of the proposed third Chicago airport near Peotone.
The earliest construction could start is 2015.
- 4 of 54 schools to be saved in CPS closings vote 2 min ago
- Man linked to Boston bomber shot, killed by FBI 28 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help 10 min ago
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit 1 min ago
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting
- I-Team: Illinois schools lack tornado 'safe rooms'
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- 7 in :77
31 min ago
- 4 of 54 schools to be saved in CPS closings...
2 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
10 min ago