Robbery suspect ID'd in in fatal Antioch crash
July 16, 2012 (ANTIOCH, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 26-year-old robbery suspect is dead and two other suspects were critically hurt after a police pursuit and crash in far north suburban Antioch.
Police say the three people in the car robbed a Bernie's Marathon gas station in the 800-block of Main Street in Antioch about 9:20 p.m. Sunday then led police on a chase on Route 83 that reached speeds of 100 miles an hour.
The driver of the car eventually lost control at Eagle's Nest Road and crashed. One of the three suspects in the car died on the scene. The other two were airlifted to Advocate Condell Medical Center, where they are listed in critical condition.
Paris D. Williams, 26, of Rockford, has been identified as the victim of the crash. Charges were pending against the injured suspects -- a 33-year-old from Rockford and a 25-year-old from Machesney Park, Ill.
Police think all three could be behind several other robberies in that area.
The robbers pepper-sprayed the clerk in the Sunday robbery while holding her at gunpoint and demanding money. They then fled the scene in a silver Chevrolet sedan.
Evidence was found at the scene of the accident that links the suspects to a July 10 robbery of a BP Marathon station in the 600-block of West Route 173, according to a police news release.
"The three suspects were on parole with active warrants, have extensive criminal histories, including gang affiliation and are suspects in a series of violent armed robberies in the Southern Wisconsin-Northern Illinois area. The men had no ties to the Antioch area," a police news release said.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos