Wheaton building named for Jeanine Nicarico
July 17, 2012 (WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- A new building in DuPage County will remember a 10-year-old girl who was taken from her home and murdered.
Ground was broken Tuesday in Wheaton for the Jeanine Nicarico Children's Advocacy Center and the DuPage County Family Center. It will be located on the Dupage County Governmental Campus.
The children's center is a specialized unit of the state's attorney's office and investigates crimes against children.
Jeanine Nicarico was murdered in 1983. Her parents and sisters attended the groundbreaking.
- 5 injured after truck crashes into grocery store 31 min ago
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd 13 min ago
- City: Kup statue not stolen, out for repairs 35 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Western closed St. Paul to Mofftt over weekend
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession 23 min ago
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging