Heat takes toll on football team
July 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- St. Francis High School's football team held their practice Tuesday morning at Graf Park in Wheaton. The team's coach says they are taking several precautions to make sure the players are safe in the extreme heat."We have kids walking around the groups with water and our water girls and managers really do a good job of keeping the kids hydrated," said Greg Purnell, St. Francis High School football coach. "We really talk to the kids about hydrating the days before practice starts."
The coach also says players are removed from practice if they are start to feel overheated. But they are encouraged to return once they are feeling better because they could be playing a game later this summer in hot weather.
- Oklahoma tornadoes strike- again 3 min ago
- Church van crash kills 5 in Vandalia, Illinois
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- United Dreamliner 787 lands at O'Hare
- School closings march protests CPS consolidations
- Donald Trump plaintiff: Someone must stand up to 'Celebrity...
- Mixed reviews for Red Line Reconstruction rush hour
- Tinley Park man charged with carjacking ex-wife
- Burned body found inside Avondale dumpster
- Man accused of sexually assaulting, abusing teen girls
- 'Jammin' at the Zoo' concerts announced
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Photos: Eva Longoria on night of wardrobe malfunction
- Lunch Break
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos