Senior citizen shoots would-be robbers at Ocala Internet cafe
July 18, 2012 (OCALA, Fla.) (WLS) -- An elderly man foiled an armed robbery attempt in Florida by pulling out his own gun and shooting the would-be bandits.
A surveillance camera caught 71-year-old Samuel Williams jump out of his seat and head toward the two armed men.
The men were trying to rob an Internet cafe in Ocala.
One suspect was shot in the arm -- the other one in the buttocks and right hip.
Both 19-year-olds were later arrested and taken to a hospital. The men have been charged with armed robbery.
Williams has a license to carry a concealed weapon and does not face any charges.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy 55 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines reports plane missing 20 min ago
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North 16 min ago
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
55 min ago