IIT to get new $30M technology hub
July 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A new technology hub is being built at the Illinois Institute of Technology.
Mayor Emanuel was on hand for the announcement of the new 100,000-square-foot innovation center.
Officials say the $30 million facility will be built at the South Side campus.
The state of the art building will house workshops and media labs.
Once complete the five story building will overlook the Dan Ryan Expressway.
The innovation center is expected to cost around 30 million dollars.
Officials expect to break ground sometime next year.
- Fardon nominated for US Attorney of Northern District IL 7 min ago
- Fardon nominated for US Attorney of Northern District IL 1 min ago
- CTU vows not to re-elect mayor over school closings
- Woman injured in Chicago Skyway crash
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend
- I-Team: Morgue donates bodies without authorization
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- CTA bus crash in Chicago Lawn injures 2
- Pritzker's Commerce Secretary confirmation hearing begins
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial
- Man sentenced in murder after alleged ad for sex with pregnant...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos