Chicago police sergeant convicted of battery
July 19, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago police sergeant, caught on video slapping a handcuffed suspect, is convicted of battery.
A judge Thursday found Edward Howard, Jr. guilty of aggravated battery and official misconduct in the October 2010 incident.
Howard had testified that Gregory Jeffries, 19, was about to spit at him and he simply redirected Jeffries' face.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools 4 min ago
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- Kimchi- from Seoul to Chicago's bellyQ
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open
- London attack could be act of terrorism 8 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Tsarnaev friend killed in Orlando by FBI
- Plane with cracked windshield lands safely at Midway
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer
- abcnews: Arias could be 3rd woman on Death Row
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos