Monk accused in rape, pregnancy of teen in Stickney Twp.
July 20, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Buddhist monk charged with child sexual assault was scheduled to appear in bond court Friday.
Cammong Baul-Ubol, 61, is accused of attacking and impregnating a 15-year-old girl more than a decade ago at a temple in unincorporated Stickney Township.
He was arrested in Anchorage, Alaska
The Chicago Tribune reports that the man was arrested while working as a dishwasher in an airport restaurant after the alleged victim was convinced by a survivors' group to press charges. She had not done so earlier, the Tribune reports, because she feared her daughter would be identified and teased.
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24 19 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- 2 charged in Markham man's murder
- 3 vehicles involved in Oswego head-on collision
- CTA robberies reported at Loop train stations
- Wife douses husband with beer after Wrigley home run
- Detroit Red Wings beat Chicago Blackhawks 3-1
- I-Team: Expanded gambling in Illinois
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look 27 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos