Steger mom accused of running over, killing baby daughter in Crete accident
July 20, 2012 (CRETE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A mother from Steger inadvertently backed her minivan over her 18-month-old daughter Wednesday night in Crete, killing the girl, police said Friday. She now faces two DUI charges.
Yvette Guerrero-Silva, 40, "admitted to consuming several alcoholic beverages" prior to backing her vehicle over her daughter, Holly Silva, according to a police statement released Friday.
Guerrero-Silva is charged with two counts of Aggravated Driving While Under the Influence. Her bond was set at $1 million.
The accident happened shortly after 7 p.m. Wednesday in the 1100-block of Main Street in Crete.
Police say Holly Silva suffered massive head injuries. She was transported to St. James Hospital in Chicago Heights where she was pronounced dead.
The police press release says Guerrero-Silva was driving on a suspended license. It also said additional charges could be pending.
The press release from Village of Crete Chief of Police James Paoletti concluded with this note:
"The arrest and charging of Yvette Y. Guerrero-Silva greatly increases the physical and mental suffering brought on by this tragic event for all parties involved."
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Community on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted 20 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago 50 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- 7 in :77
18 min ago
- Community on alert after girl, 15, beaten,...
20 min ago