Steger mom accused of running over, killing baby daughter in Crete accident
July 20, 2012 (CRETE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A mother from Steger inadvertently backed her minivan over her 18-month-old daughter Wednesday night in Crete, killing the girl, police said Friday. She now faces two DUI charges.
Yvette Guerrero-Silva, 40, "admitted to consuming several alcoholic beverages" prior to backing her vehicle over her daughter, Holly Silva, according to a police statement released Friday.
Guerrero-Silva is charged with two counts of Aggravated Driving While Under the Influence. Her bond was set at $1 million.
The accident happened shortly after 7 p.m. Wednesday in the 1100-block of Main Street in Crete.
Police say Holly Silva suffered massive head injuries. She was transported to St. James Hospital in Chicago Heights where she was pronounced dead.
The police press release says Guerrero-Silva was driving on a suspended license. It also said additional charges could be pending.
The press release from Village of Crete Chief of Police James Paoletti concluded with this note:
"The arrest and charging of Yvette Y. Guerrero-Silva greatly increases the physical and mental suffering brought on by this tragic event for all parties involved."
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 54 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 59 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- 7 in :77