Charges filed in hit-and-run death of Cook County Correctional Officer Nikkii Bostic-Jones
July 20, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 57-year-old man has been charged in the hit-and-run death of Cook County Corrections Officer Nikkii Bostic-Jones.
Juan Bello has been charged with reckless homicide and leaving the scene of an accident. He will be in court Saturday.
During a memorial Friday, friends and family remembered the officer for her kindness and generosity. It took place along South California, where Bostic-Jones was killed Wednesday night. She was headed to her job when she was struck by a hit-and-run driver.
Friday morning, loved ones held white roses and released balloons as they shared stories about Bostic-Jones. Her husband said he was touched by the memorial.
"I wanted to come, but I had thoughts about not coming because it's sad. Being real sad. But when I got out here and as I walked up, it was nothing but love," said victim's husband James Ray Jones.
In addition to her husband, Jones is survived by their 6-year-old daughter Tia.
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- Deer on tracks halts Blue Line service temporarily
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos