Crystal Lake family can't reach son who was inside Colo. theater
July 20, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A family in northwest suburban Crystal Lake believes their son was in a Colorado movie theater when a gunman burst into a midnight showing of Batman.
The family of John Thomas Larimer has not been able to reach him. Larimer is in the U.S. Navy and is stationed in Aurora, Colorado.
"His military service speaks for itself. He is proudly serving our country," Cameron Croft, whose brother is married to Larimer's sister, told ABC7's Ravi Baichwal. Croft said Larimer is 30 years old.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S.
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos