Crystal Lake family can't reach son who was inside Colo. theater
July 20, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A family in northwest suburban Crystal Lake believes their son was in a Colorado movie theater when a gunman burst into a midnight showing of Batman.
The family of John Thomas Larimer has not been able to reach him. Larimer is in the U.S. Navy and is stationed in Aurora, Colorado.
"His military service speaks for itself. He is proudly serving our country," Cameron Croft, whose brother is married to Larimer's sister, told ABC7's Ravi Baichwal. Croft said Larimer is 30 years old.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 57 min ago
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day 27 min ago
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
57 min ago
- Happy Ditka Day! 'Da Coach' jersey retired...
20 min ago