Vigil held for Gary mother shot to death
July 21, 2012 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- There was a vigil Saturday night for a Gary, Indiana mother of two found shot to death in an alley on Wednesday.
"We call came together to show how much we miss her and love her," said Lee Leon, a relative of the victim. "This has been a tragedy"
Tywonekia Leon's family reported her missing on Monday night.
Gary police say her body was found early Wednesday morning. She leaves behind a six year old daughter and an eight year old son.
A Gary police spokesperson confirms they are conducting a homicide investigation.
So far, no arrests have been made.
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- 2nd video allegedly shows guard push CPS student 16 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Elgin teens building home for tornado victim 5 min ago
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House 22 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Dick Evey, former Bears' first-round pick, dies at 72
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- 2nd video allegedly shows guard push CPS...
16 min ago
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
22 min ago