Half marathon fills Chicago streets with runners
July 22, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Nearly 20,000 runners hit Chicago streets for the Rock n Roll Chicago Half Marathon early Sunday morning.
The race began in Grant Park and ended at the intersection of Columbus and Congress.
But this wasn't your usual marathon.
Bands played at each one of the race's 13.1 miles.
This is only one of a series of half marathons around the world put on by fitness company X-Sport.
- South Loop shooting injures 2 24 min ago
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Ill. House approves gun plan opposed by Quinn
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Ex-CPD officer sentenced in Latin Kings case
- Blackhawks trail Red Wings 3-1 in NHL playoff series
- Aldi parking lot shooting victim may have been set up
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old