Drew Peterson Murder Trial Timeline
Eight years after her death, ex-Bolingbrook police sergeant Drew Peterson is on trial for the murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.Peterson is also a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, who has been missing since 2007. Stacy's disappearance led police to reopen the Savio case.
- March 2004: Kathleen Savio, 40, is found dead in a dry bathtub. Her hair is soaked in blood. Death ruled accidental.
October 2007: Stacy Peterson, 23, goes missing. Search focuses on Illinois- Michigan Canal near Lockport Lock. Believing foul play is a factor, Stacy's family wants her husband, Drew Peterson, to take a lie detector test. Drew Peterson denies any wrong doing, says Stacy ran off with another man.
November 2007: Drew Peterson named suspect in Stacy's disappearance. Peterson resigns from Bolingbrook Police Department.
November 2007: Savio's body exhumed from grave. Case reopens.
December 2007: Search for Stacy focuses on blue containers
February 2008: Savio case investigated. Pathologist rules the death of Peterson's third wife was a homicide. Peterson denies involvement in Savio's death, Stacy's disappearance.
March 2008: Savio's divorce attorney says he was contacted by Stacy before she disappeared.
April 2009: Savio family sues Peterson.
May 2009: Peterson arrested, indicted in Savio's death.
June 2009: Judge wants to lower Peterson's media profile.
August 2010: Peterson letter not easy being "national pastime" printed in Chicago Sun-Times
June 2011: Peterson offers woman Stacy's clothes in love letter.
January 2012: Rob Lowe portrays Drew Peterson in TV movie, "Drew Peterson: Untouchable"
April 2012: Court allows hearsay evidence in Peterson trial
July 2012: Jury selected in Peterson's murder trial.
September 2012: Peterson found guilty in Savio murder
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 54 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 57 min ago
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
54 min ago