Ex-Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell's luxury RV, 400 horses to be sold
July 23, 2012 (DIXON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Bidding for the luxury RV owned by former Dixon, Illinois City Comptroller Rita Crundwell starts at $1 million.
Crundwell, 59, is accused of misappropriating more than $53 million since 1990 from the small town to help support a lavish lifestyle and her nationally-renowned horse breeding program. The RV is being auctioned off by the U.S. Marshals service.
Four hundred of her horses will be sold by September 30, according to prosecutors.
The developments came up during a hearing where Crundwell's defense attorneys requested more time to review the 18,000 pages of evidence.
If Crundwell is found guilty, net proceeds of the sales will go toward restitution for the town. Crundwell pleaded not guilty to wire fraud.
- Snow in forecast as shoppers brave deep freeze 51 min ago
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Ran Hotel With Grilling Area
- Snow in forecast as shoppers brave deep...
51 min ago