Solution to water problem near in Sauk Village
July 25, 2012 (SAUK VILLAGE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A solution to south suburban Sauk Village's water woes could be in place by next week.
The plan calls for the state EPA to bring in two portable air strippers to remove vinyl chloride from the water supply.
They work by shooting air through the water to remove the toxic chemical.
At a packed meeting Tuesday night, the mayor said he would veto a motion to raise water bills saying the timing is bad.
A public meeting with the EPA is scheduled for tonight at 7 at Bloom Trail High School in Chicago Heights.
- Red Line Reconstruction Project sees 1st rush hour test 1 min ago
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side church
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has underwater Lake Michigan grave
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Homeless pets find homes with PAWS Chicago
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Photos: Eva Longoria on night of wardrobe malfunction 21 min ago
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- Red Line Reconstruction Project sees 1st...
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos