Police release photo of suspect wanted in Manteno warehouse shooting
July 26, 2012 (MANTENO, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police in Kankakee County have released a photo of the suspect wanted in connection to the workplace shooting that injured one person at a distribution warehouse in Manteno on Wednesday.
The suspect has been identified by the Kankakee County Sheriff's office as Rene Flores.
Kankakee County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Ken McCabe said the assailant fled the scene in a vehicle after the shooting occurred.
A release from the department Thursday said Flores is considered armed and dangerous.
"The Kankakee County Sheriff s Office, the Kankakee County Major Crimes Task Force, the United States Marshall's Fugitive Task Force and other area law enforcement agencies continue their hunt to locate the suspect in the shooting that occurred on Sycamore Drive in rural Manteno," the release stated.
Flores is described as 25 years old, 190 pounds. He was last seen wearing all black with a black ball cap.
Police say Flores was driving a 2010 Black Chrysler 3000 with tinted windows, Illinois License plate L699896.
The public is advised to call 911 if they know the location of Flores.
The victim of the shooting is listed in stable condition, according to police.
Crime Stoppers of Kankakee County is offering a reward of up to $1,000 for information leading to the arrest of Flores. Callers remain anonymous and are advised to call (815) 93-CRIME (815-932-7463).
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend
- Woman injured in Chicago Skyway crash
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Morgue donates bodies without authorization
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- CTA bus crash in Chicago Lawn injures 2
- Pritzker's Commerce Secretary confirmation hearing begins
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial
- 24 sets of twins break record in Wilmette 5th grade
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos